What motivated you to become an artist?
- I became an artist by accident (an actual one) after I fell from stairs and had to stay in bed for a month and because I had lots of free time I decided to start quilling as a past time activity and then I got addicted to it and wanted to infect others with it.
If you were a color, which one would you be?
- I love Purple. They say those who love light purple are wise people and those who love dark share of purple love revenge. So I like the dark shade of purple lol
What is the strangest comment someone has said about your work?
- “is that paper???!!!” .. people still don’t believe that what I create is made out of paper strips
What is the funniest thing that has happened to you as an artist?
- People are calling me Farooha in public which makes me feel like I am still a little girl. Its a bit embarrassing.
Share a secret tip.
- No need to have accident to start quilling. Just grab any paper strip and start rolling soon you will be addicted like me.
Farah Humaid Al-Fardh (Farooha)
Past Featured Artist
Be the next Featured Artist
Paper Quilling (The art of rolling thin paper strips)