What motivated you to become an artist?
- I have been travelling for the past 15 years through London, Berlin, Oman and Edinburgh. Always meeting new people from all over the world and going to places that I might only get to see once in a lifetime. That made me want to store everything I see in my memory and lock it up in fear that I might forget a beautiful place or a dear face. A camera did just that.
If you were a color, which one would you be?
- I would be white, because anything is possible. White unleashes creativity.
What is the strangest comment someone has said about your work?
- My mom once looked at an abstract photo and said: "I don't get it!" I responded with: "Exactly!"
What is the funniest thing that has happened to you as an artist?
- Probably the funniest was when I took pictures of a palace in Berlin, Germany in the middle of winter while it was 20 degrees below zero. I couldn't even feel my face nor did I feel my hands and I couldn't hold the camera right. It was very funny how I was desperate to take pictures but was freezing.
Share a secret tip.
- Don't be embarrassed when you want to take a picture at a weird angle. Climb a tree, stand on the table or even lay on the floor if you have to. You might look extremely stupid for a couple of seconds but the shot will last forever.
Abeer Abdullah Al Mujaini
Photography (Landscape, Abstract, Portrait, Macro)